A high standard of personal appearance is expected of all students. Parents and carers should be aware that any student arriving at the academy wearing incorrect uniform can expect to be either sent home to change, or be placed in isolation for the day until a parent/carer can bring the correct uniform. The academy will not bypass this expectation as a result of receiving notes from parents explaining uniform discrepancies. Exceptions may be considered where notes are supported by a letter from a medical professional.
What will not be accepted:
- Jewellery, except one small gold/silver stud in each earlobe. Visible facial, tongue and body piercings and other items of jewellery are NOT permitted. Covering with plasters will not be acceptable.
- Nail varnish.
- Coloured socks (only black socks).
- Excessive make up.
- Caps, hats, coats, jackets and hoodies are not to be worn inside the academy.
- Non uniform items worn in the academy e.g. non uniform tops / jumpers.
- Boots, shoes without backs, trainers and pumps are not acceptable. Only plain black shoes are acceptable without logos.
*(inappropriate clothing accessories; belts, headbands etc will be confiscated and returned at the end of the week).
- Students arriving in non-uniform items will automatically be referred to isolation.
- Piercings: If a student attends school with piercings, they will be confiscated until the end of the week. If piercings cannot be removed immediately, isolation referral will follow.
- Isolation ends at 3.45pm
Years 7 - 11
Boys and girls both wear:
- Blazer (black with purple piping and academy logo)
- White shirt with collar – short or long sleeved only (not a polo shirt)
- School tie
- Plain black school trousers – full length, no leggings or jeggings or other inappropriate trousers will be accepted.
- Purple V-neck jumper
- Plain, sensible and safe black shoes (no boots or trainers)
- Outdoor clothing may be worn over uniform to and from the Academy but not in class or assembly
- May choose to wear a plain black school skirt
- Academy or plain black headscarf – if hair needs to be covered for religious reasons
- Make up may only be worn by girls in moderation
PE Kit for boys and girls
All students should be prepared to participate in all PE lessons with their correct kit:
- Academy Black shorts or Black tracksuit bottoms
- Academy PE Polo-Shirt
- Academy plain black football socks
- Academy Training top (optional)
- Football Boots (for outdoor winter sports)
Other essential items: The Stationary shop will be open at break and lunch times
- The 6 basics: Academy Planner, Pen, pencil, Ruler, A4 sized Bag and reading book.
Academy Uniform Suppliers
This uniform is available from Uniwears, 18-20 Green Rd, Meanwood, Leeds, LS6 4JP, 0113 2306272 or 371 Harehills Lane, Leeds, LS9 6AP 0113 2351256.
Extra school ties are available from main reception at a cost of £5.00 per tie.
Please note that only genuine items of uniform may be worn and these cannot currently be purchased from any other outlet or shop.